[Archers] St. Sebastians III?????

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Mon Nov 5 14:12:09 PST 2012

Okay a few points of correction here, you all know by now I like the
"facts"...

1.       There was never a time last year where a line was not overseen by a
marshal. In addition I as the MIC continually was roving the range to assure
nothing bad was happening and to bring "treats" our line marshals.

2.       This is an Atlantian shoot, don't count on the other Kingdoms to
pull this off. The first year I had 31 marshals from the other kingdoms help
us. Last year that number was down to 9. This is why I posted this
discussion, we either need to be able to be self sufficient or not do this
shoot. I will never know who from the other Kingdoms is willing to help
until we are there at the shoot. The only one I can count on prior to us
leaving for Pennsic is Lord Merlin who always volunteers.

So good discussion but at the same time I wouldn't want to reduce the number
of stations. 10-14 is a good number to showcase a true Atlantian shoot and
provide a great novelty experience. Again with the morning / afternoon
shifts 28 or so line marshals would be able to cover the stations. As far as
over lapping lines go, we only have so much land unless we use the woods
along the clout layout. With that said, we combined all of the similar timed
targets last year so that the entire line could pull at once. I never saw
any bottleneck caused by this and it worked well.

Again looking for a new MIC this year to step forward and you can change
things as you see fit.