[Archers] Kingdom Archery Champion Quiver

Jonathas Jonathas at RedFoxDen.org
Wed May 25 05:46:22 PDT 2011

Yes it was a confusing time to say the least.  During Logan's last reign, by
royal decree he decided to reclaim the title of "Archery Champion" to be
awarded at the whims of the current Crowns, just as they choose the Rapier
and Armored champion however they see fit, to include possibly not having
one at all.

Originally he was planning on doing away with the traditions which had
developed around the position.  Myself and several others fought long and
hard to maintain the traditions of the position, in the end that meant the
title had to change.  But the benefit is that it became a chartered Kingdom
Notable added to Kingdom Law ( http://law.atlantia.sca.org/Law.html#F ),
being written into Law it is less likely to be changed in the future, but
had to be named in the likeness of the other Notables.  Then came the fun of
boiling the all tradition down to a sentence or two to be added to Kingdom
Law.

In the end the traditional position survived intact but had to change names
and now protected by Law, plus a second position also added. Both are worthy
positions, one as the pinnacle of skill, the other as high recognition by
our monarchs.

The two positions we have are:

The "*Royal Archer*" which is chosen each year by right of arms as the
winner of the archery tournament run by the previous Royal Archer. The
history and previous winners are recorded at:
http://archery.atlantia.sca.org/royalarchers.html

And

The "*Archery Champion*" which is chosen at the whims of each King and Queen
for any qualities they see fit.The history and previous champions are
recorded at:
http://archery.atlantia.sca.org/champions.html

Hope this helps

Jonathas