[Ponte Alto] Weekly Rundown- 12/20

Mariana Ruiz de Medina marianaruizdemedina at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 05:34:03 PST 2021

Good morning Ponte Alto!

It is my absolute pleasure to announce that last night at business meeting,
the Tournament of Love and Beauty site was chosen and the event has been
spiked! This should be an amazing event for both our fighting and arts and
sciences communities and I look forward to seeing everyone there on
February 26, 2022!

*Updates for the Week*

   -

   Her Excellency is requesting largess! 2022's calendar looks like it'll
   have a lot more in person stuff happening, and we would love to present a
   good showing of Ponte Alto's A&S to our fellow Atlantians! Unsure what
   largess is or what to make? I really love this video
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKYsQOSa3yk> from Pennsic University
   last year on the subject.
   -

   Kingdom Arts and Sciences is quickly approaching! Now is a great time to
   start planning out your displays and competition entries!
   -

   Registration for Winter University opens on 1/3. The catalog is up and I
   count no less than 10 classes by Pontoons/honorary or former Pontoons!
   Amazing work, you make me such a proud MoAS.

*Events this Week*

   -

   Sunday, 12/26- Heavy practice (potentially). Check the Facebook page or
   check with Heinrich directly.

*Upcoming A&S Opportunities- January and February 2022*

   -

   *12th Night*- January 15. Royal bard, Tempore Atlantia (1500-1600),
   Work-In-Progress Roundtable, Open Display, Table Decorating Contest
   - *Henry VIII's Holiday Huzzah!- *January 29. Anything 1490-1550 goes!
   Extra points for anything relating to the 12 Days of Christmas during that
   period. Open displays as well.
   - *Tourney of Manannan Mac Lir- *January 29. Fiber Arts, Largess, and
   Scroll Blanks competitions.
   - *Ymir-* February 11. TBD, keep an eye on the website
   <https://fb.me/e/2cFKMaxzm>.
   - *Bright Hills Baronial Birthday*- February 12. TBD. Keep an eye on the
   website <https://atlantia.sca.org/event/?event_id=8e881e63>.
   - *Day of Love II*- February 26. TBD, keep an eye on the website
   <https://paganussca.wixsite.com/website/a-s-competitions>.
   - *Tournament of Love and Beauty*- Feb 26, definitely, keep an eye on
   the event site.