[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Atlantia-Announce] Getting those pennies together to make a million miracles?

Christine Menton ladypartypanther at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 03:34:27 PDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kit Wellner via Announce <announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>
Date: Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Subject: [Atlantia-Announce] Getting those pennies together to make a
million miracles?
To: Atlantian Announce <announce at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>

Greetings, Atlantia!

Now that all have returned for the great and mighty war in AEthelmearc it
is time to turn our hearts and minds to the war within our own borders, the
storied War of the Wings.  We are all preparing for fun and festivities,
battles and bardics,  comradery and cooking over well-stoked campfires.
 But we should also be preparing to pitch out pennies and drop our dimes
for charity!

This year the two chosen charities are St. Jude's Children's Hospital and
the National Adrenal Disease Foundation.  We are raising money for these
fine charities in a cool and creative way - there will be plastic tube at
Troll, A&S, archery, and all MoL stations.  As you visit these places bring
your spare change and the name of your favorite artist or fighter or at
least the name of your home group.  As you drop your coins in the
collection tub be sure to tell the person tending troll, assisting A&S or
archery, or monitoring MoL the name of your favorite artisan or fighter and
his or her home group.  If you do not have someone in mind or are at Troll
give a shout-out to your home group.  The group with the most tic-marks by
court on Saturday will earn a war point!  (There are several points up for
grab between fighters, artisans, and archers so be sure to try to drop a
name because we will be tracking those, too!)

If you are interested in helping to monitor one of these collection points
please send me an email or ping me on Facebook (Kit Hippopotamama). We
would love to have some help for the busy MoLs and Troll as well as the
other collection points.

And if you are a fan of Utz Cheese Balls, BJ's sized pretzels, or any other
snack that comes in the Big Honkin' Plastic Tub - holler at me and I'll put
it on my list that you are bringing me one!  I will be camped with the
Equestrians when you arrive on site and need to drop it off.

Thank you, Altantia, for thinking of others who need those coins we toss in
the car console or in the cup on top of the fridge.  Those pennies can add
up to a million miracles!

*PLEASE CROSS POST TO ALL LOCAL LISTS.  Thank you!*

*Sajah of the Many Names*
*Minion of Her Highness Seonaid ni Fhionn, MOL, and unofficial Atlantian
Minister of Hugs*

Per pale vert and purpure, a panther rampant argent, incensed Or,spotted
vert and purpure