[Ponte Alto] Chalice of the Sun God Thanks

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 17:29:00 PDT 2009

Greetings!

Chalice of the Sun God VI is over, and I would like to thank a number of people who helped make this event a success, and this autocrat keep her sanity.

I will start with those of you who showed up for setup, Mistress Cassandra Arabella Giordani, Mistress Cunian (who was also my head server) and her daughter Helga, William of Kenilworth, Geoffrey ap Clwyd, Alric the Mad, Kel, Allen of Wolfhau, Lady Sorcha de Glys, Sir Andrew Grey, Lady Brigid O'Hara, Baron Jonathas, Baron Colum, Baroness Briana, Sian verch Gwilim ap Llewellin, Mathias of Yarnvid(sp?), and a lovely lady and another gentle whose name I never learned but who also helped with setting up the hall, thank you so much, you were a godsend.

To my darling husband, Baron Marcellus, who not only served as my deputy autocrat, Marshal in Charge, Rapier Marshal in Charge, land coordinator, spare brain and everything in between - I could not have done it without you.  You truly are my rock of support.

Lady Sorcha de Glys, my awesome parking coordinator.  You truly are amazing.  I bow to your organizational skills, and I don't know what we would do without you.  Thank you also to Nick Freer, who volunteered to help Lady Sorcha in the morning and helped direct traffic from Troll.

Thank you also to Baroness Celia of Rosedale, who was my reservationist and head MoL, and to Mistress Ceridwen, who also gave up her fighting time to serve as the second MoL; and to Master Tirloch, who saved our bacon when we found ourselves in the need of a head troll at the very last second.  Thank you also those who helped with troll.  Thanks as well to Lord Brenainn McShibhe and the Ponte Alto Cook's Guild, you served a fantastic feast -- and while we're at it, thank you so much to all of you who volunteered as servers.  You guys rock.

Baroness Agnes Daunce, thank you so much for serving as my armored marshal in charge, and also for serving high table.  I have said it before and I will say it again, no one serves high table like you do.  We are not worthy.

To the lovely Lady Pippa Morosini, who served as my Royal Liaison, I give my thanks, as I also thank Her Excellency Baroness Elizabeth, Their Majesties Head Retainer.  It was a pleasure working with you and you helped keep everything pertaining to Their Majesties running smoothly.

Maestra Allasondrea de Fano, thank you so much for running the arts and sciences competition and display, and my heartfelt thanks to your staff as well, Mistress Caemfind, Lady Perronelle la peintre and Lady Delfina the Mad.  Thank you also to Mistress Anne of Carthew, who ran the performing competition, and thanks to your staff too, Lady Brigantia and Lady Aine.  You did a wonderful job!

Baroness Catalina d'ell Acqua and Lord William le Younger, who ran the youth rapier and youth combat, as well as Baroness Mary Therese de Normand, who helped Lord William, thank you so much.  The young folks had a blast, and you guys rock.

Thanks are also due to Lord Alric the Mad and Lord Gustav von Siberwald for assisting with the marshalling duties during the armored and rapier tournaments.

My hearfelt thanks as well to Lady Brigid O' Hara, who served as my archery marshal, and to Baron Colum Maxwell, who ran the youth archery shoot.  You are awesome.

Lady Wulfwynn, thank you so much for taking charge of the waterbearing.  Thank you also to Kel, Courtney de Houghton, Caitlin and her husband, and those of you who helped as waterbearers.  The fighters thank you as well.

To Master Eadric the Potter, my merchant coordinator, thanks for doing this.  I really appreciate it.  Thank you as well to Ladies Talitha of Avalon and Grainne inghean Dauid for running the Children's Corner.  I admire your dedication and patience, and the kids had a good time.

Thanks to those who showed up on Sunday for final cleanup, Sian, Brigid, Marcellus, Drogo and Adina, and thanks to all who stayed in the cabins.  Everyone left early and that allowed us to finish cleanup by 11 a.m.

To Their Excellencies of Ponte Alto, James and Katharine, thank you so much for letting us borrow your pavilion to use as a Royal pavilion, and thanks to Sir Thomas of Calais and Countess Denise for allowing us to borrow your list fence.  Having two list fences certainly helped provide enough space to both the rapier and the armored fighters.

Last but not least, thanks to Their Majesties of Atlantia, who not only honored us with Their Presence, but who were a pleasure to work with, and who were mindful and supportive of the work of the autocrat, allowing us to run a very tight schedule on time.  Moreover, this autocrat and her team are extremely grateful to you for by example and heading to the kitchen right after feast and help with cleanup.  That kitchen was clean and packed up in no time.  It certainly made our work next day that much easier.  You are truly an example of what being a Monarch should be.

I am sure that I will be forgetting a name or two or more, since there were so many folks helping out.  If so, I apologize, but know that I would not have been able to do it without you.

Yours in Service,

Belphoebe