[Ponte Alto] Supplies information for 15th century headgear class, 10/25 in Ashburn, VA

Jessica Maxson jessica at maxson.com
Tue Oct 20 10:29:24 PDT 2009

Salve tutti!
I wanted to get this information out as widely as possible, so please
forgive multiple postings. Please also feel free to pass it along as you see
fit.

This is information on materials needed for the 15th century headgear class
on this coming Sunday, October 25, at the home of Baron James de Biblesworth
and Baroness Katharine Devereaux, in Ashburn, VA. The class will start at
10:00 am and run until 5:00 pm. (Our baronial business meeting is at 6:00,
hence the need for a strict cut-off time.) If you can't get there at 10:00,
feel free to come over whenever you are able. Please let me or Baroness
Katharine know if you need directions.

Materials needed:
"Two types of hats - 1) Hennin w/supportive headgear - headband and hood 2)
Hood or if anyone would like another, please send me (Katharine) a picture
by Thursday.

*For the hennin:* Basket Weaving Flat Reed, width doesn't really matter -
1/2" or 3/8" each work fine. One coil should be under $10 and will supply
sufficient reed for 2 or more steeple hennins, more if doing the truncated
hennin. Can get this at Pearl Art Supply in Falls Church and possibly
Michaels or anywhere else basket supplies are sold.  I'll have the water and
tubs for soaking the reed.

Also, should bring some heavy, felted wool. Preferably black for the
headband, cover of henin and hood (if doing a steeple hennin) Cover and
Headband - 1/2 yard after washing. Hood - 1/2 yard after washing.

*For the Hood:* just some heavy, felted wool - any color will do. 1/2 yard
after washing.

I think thats it. I'll have thread and other supplies for putting it
together."

Please let me know if you have questions!
Vostra,
--Giuliana