[Ponte Alto] Tourney of the Lily thank yous

egeorges egeorges at cox.net
Sun Nov 15 17:07:36 PST 2009

Greetings Pontoons!

Those of you that missed Tourney of the Lily missed something really
spectacular.  And no, I am not talking about the fighting (although, to be
fair, that WAS really cool).

The real deeds of honor and courage I witnessed were among the event staff,
who deserve a great deal of thanks, which I hope to deliver here....

Sian, Bill, our Baronial RoadiesTM, made getting our supplies and our list
fence easy.  Honestly, these folks make a hard job look really, really easy.
And Sian, your willingness to stay and help until the bitter end was awesome
and I am deeply in your debt.  Also, your coordination of the heralds made
the day.

Emma West valiantly manned troll well into Friday night, and our intrepid
reservationist Celia handled troll for much of the day.

Agnes, I know you've heard me say this before, but you were perhaps the most
important staff choice that I made.  You singlehandedly got 100+ cars to
move in and out of a tight loading and unloading space with efficiency and
graciousness and sometimes the urgency that was required.  You were simply
awesome.

Brennain, your service to the Challengers' Gallery was fantastic.  And
period.

Catherine, you and your lord did the most wonderful job keeping the fighters
on BOTH fields watered.  You came, you did and therefore I did not need to
worry.  Thank you.

Gruffudd, your feast was wonderful, but then again it always is.  But what I
love most about you is your efficiency and grace in your kitchen.

Baroness Rhonwen of Stierbach did an amazing job as MoL.

Sir Andrew, your Marshaling was fantastic, not just because you kept the
Tenans an Venans in line, but you served as a conduit between the Ladies'
Gallery and the fighters, and that seriously made the day.

Dominyk, thanks for putting together the fencing on such short notice.  I
hope you guys had fun.  You sure looked like you did.

Swannoc, your performers' hour was a nice respite in the middle of the day.

I know I have probably left people out.  The day was flat-out perfect, and
the credit rests entirely with the staff who did their parts so well that no
one saw the gears turn.  You made it look easy.  Our Barony acquitted itself
well yesterday, and those who participated -- as staff or attendees --
deserve the credit.

I bow humbly to you and pray that I did not forget someone. For such a sin I
beg forgiveness.

In Service,
Luce Antony Venus
Autocrat, Tourney of the Lily