[Ponte Alto] Important Message for those who attend Ponte Alto's Thursday Night Fighter Practice - we are in jeopardy of loosing this site

dcadenise at aol.com dcadenise at aol.com
Fri May 15 08:44:49 PDT 2009

Greetings-

This is the type of missive that seneschals wish they never have to write during their tenure as seneschal.  I received a call this morning that Lemon Road Elementary School Road Elementary School is furious and we are in jeopardy of loosing this site.

Last month an unopened military knife was left in the girl’s bathroom  Last night an OPENED military knife was also left behind at the school.

Fairfax County Schools have a strict policy which prohibit any sort of weapons on their school grounds; as such, it is unacceptable for those attending Thursday' night fighter practice in Ponte Alto to bring weapons of any kind on to the school grounds. Our children of the community are meant to attend school under SAFE conditions and leaving these items behind was a violation of the law.  In addition these actions put our Great Society, in which we all participate, at a great risk of other repercussions.

We have had a long and positive relationship with Lemon Road Elementary and we are fortunate that the school is giving our group one more chance.  They will be searching the area we use with a fine tooth comb and if they find one more infraction we loose this site.  Word will get around quickly to other schools and we will most likely not be able to use those sites - not only for fighter practices but for events.

Any questions or comments, please send to me privately

Countess Denise Duvalier, OP
Seneschal f
or the Barony of Ponte Alto