[Ponte Alto] 12th Night/Our Investiture

Katharine Devereaux katdevereaux at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 12 07:17:04 PST 2009

As We knew before We accepted the nomination for Baron and
Baroness of Ponte Alto, this is a wonderful group of people and at this
weekend's 12th night celebration, Their Majesties and the rest of the Kingdom recognized many of Our
wonderful Pontoons:
Directly from Their Majesties:
    Lord Jürgen Göttsfürböter was recognized by His Majesty with a Kings Award of
Excellence for his Service as Baron for the last year.
    Lady Sian verch Gwilim ap Lewelin was awarded an Opal for her service as Herald and Chamberlain.
    Maestra Cassandra Arabella Giordani was elevated to the
Order of the Pelican for her years of top notch service as Clerk of Precedence and the various Web positions as well.
    Lady Rhiannon verch David ap Madyn was awarded a Coral
Branch for her lovely clothing and other arts.
>From the Kingdom competitions:
    Lady Sorcha Prechan won the Kingdom-wide Scroll Competition.
    Lady Talitha of Avalon is the new Queen’s Bard.

Also, Mistress Alina Silverthorne, our former Rapier
Champion, was elevated to the Order of the Laurel.

Lady Hrosvitha von Celle and Lady Grace Whyting both received
the award of Silver Nautilus for their tasty and prolific work in the kitchen –
Vitha made all the cheese served for dessert and Grace made all the bread for the feast. Beautiful work!

Our own Alle Psalite provided lovely afternoon entertainment
for the Kingdom and during Cassandra's elevation ceremony.

There were also a number of Pontoons that retained for Their
Highnesses of the East as their East Kingdom 12th night was canceled for the weather on Friday – after they were packed ready to take off. Her Highness was extremely appreciative of the support provided!

Everywhere We looked, members of Ponte Alto were working:
from Set-up, to Clean-up and this was not even our own event.

And to finish up the day, Master Tirloch of Tallaght and his
marvelous crew including many Pontoons cooked up a storm to provide delicious
food for 400 hungry attendees. It was still delicious and moist even with a Royal
delay.

Additionally, we would like to Thank You to everyone who not
only supported Us on Our Investiture Day, not only by Our populace, but
by no less than 7 former Barons and Baronesses. It was a joy to see everyone.Thank you to everyone who helped Ponte Alto shine yesterday,
you made Us proud to be Your Baronage.

James and Katharine
Baron and Baroness of Ponte Alto