[Ponte Alto] *Combat Archery for New Fighters* Training at Scholum on Thursday (Tysons-Pimmit)

Max Nelson maxntropy at att.net
Mon Jun 23 15:29:54 PDT 2008

The training regimen of the Scholum Artis Bellum (the School of the
Arts of Combat which has been training fighters at Ponte Alto
practices on Thursdays and Sundays -- http://scholumartisbellum.pbwiki.com/)
  attempts to create *fully* rounded warriors with complete and
comprehensive knowledge of the combat skills of our Society  It is
furthermore the belief of the Northern Army of Atlantia that the most
effective combat force is one that fully integrates our forces into
seamless mixed-force units of shields, polearms, spears, and combat
archers.

Consequently, the Lanistae of the Scholum Artis Bellum in conjunction
with the Command Staff of the Northern Army of Atlantia request the
presence of all their students (particularly Noviciates) of the
Scholum, and invite any and all others (regardless of skill level or
years of experience on the field) who might be interested to attend a
class in "Combat Archery for New Fighters".  As with all Scholum
training and weekly Ponte Alto practices, participation is open to all
regardless of affiliation -- come on out, all are welcome (we'll even
go out locally for food, afterwards, if you're interested)!

This class, which shall be a rapid-fire (excuse the pun) introduction
covering the fundamentals about Combat Archery (what you need to know
to get started, who they are and what they do, how to work with Combat
Archers in a unit, how to get authorized, etc...), shall be taught by
Lord Gregor von Leipzig, Commander of Combat Archery for the Northern
Army of Atlantia.

The Class will be held during our regular Thursday Scholum training
regimen at Tysons Pimmit Park and will begin at 6:30pm (please make
certain to show-up on time this week at 6pm so we can get started on-
time).

Tysons Pimmit Park is located at 2026 Burfoot Street in Falls Church
besides Tysons Pimmit Library which is located at 7584 Leesburg Pike
in Falls Church (the Park is easily accessible off Leesburg Pike).

If there is sufficient time following Gregor's class, we shall also
cover regular Scholum 103/Practicum material (6-step combination drill
refresh) to continue our progress towards the forthcoming pre-Pennsic
authorizations.  If there are those who are interested and show-up in-
time to get armored-up early, we can also provide shield-work for
those in-need for pre-Pennsic authorizations.

We look forward to your attendance and we all tremendously appreciate
Lord Gregor's time and effort!

In service,

Baron Max Von Halstern
Warlord of Ponte Alto and Lanista of the Scholum Artis Bellum