[Ponte Alto] Sunday Indoor Site for Arts and Sciences, Bardic and Garb Making at Lemon Road Elementary

elizschr at aol.com elizschr at aol.com
Mon Jan 7 19:03:45 PST 2008

Greetings.

An afternoon of project work and cheerful conversation sounds fun.

Is this the elementary school at 7230 IDYLWOOD RD?

If so, is it possible to walk to the school from West Falls Church metro??

The trip planner on wmata.com says?weekdays go to West Falls Church, ?transfer to?one of two busses?for 2 minutes, then walk less than half a mile.??

Weekends the planner suggests a series of bus transfers ending on 28B?at LEESBURG TP & IDYLWOOD RD (REDDFIELD RD) and walking less than?half a?mile.?

The map makes the hike from the metro rail station look possible.??Can anyone advise me with some "ground truth"? Can a pedestrian get safely across or under 66 to take Reed Road over to Idylwood Road?

Regards,
Lisbet/Beth