[Ponte Alto] Greetings, my long lost comrades!!!

Jim Bellmore shieldslinger at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 00:59:09 PDT 2007

Hail and Greetings from Avanger Sleggja!!!
   I did my very short term Thursday (and occasionally Monday) fighter
practices with Ponte Alto (after a verrry long hiatus) starting in May
2007;  at the end of June, the work assignment that had brought me to
the area abruptly ended, and I had  to move on (which included the
tragedy of backing out of Pennsic!!!).  I just wanted to let all my
friends in Ponte Alto who were helping me become reacquainted with heavy
weapons combat know that I have safely landed in  the Barony of Madrone,
Kingdom of An Tir (Seattle, WA).  I spent about a month in the Outlands
(Albuquerque, NM) but didn't have a  chance to get in touch with the
locals there.  Sadly, as lovely as Albuquerque was (I would love to set
it up as my permanent base of operations), it was not to be, and I found
myself headed for the northwest, the new assignment is nowhere near as
much fun, but is stable through March or so.

    I do want to say that I have never seen a more awesome or supportive
group of SCAdians than Ponte Alto!!  Jurgen, Flora, Marie Therese, Max,
Abel, Damien, Duncan the Elder,  the dozens of other people whose names
I've overlooked (many off whom are kaniggets) I want to thank you for
welcoming me back into the SCA, and reminding me why I joined in the
first place!!

My deepest gratitude.
Keep in touch.
Ponte Alto rules!
Avanger

Sean - (in response to a much earlier comment)you should know, that my
three alarm chili sends most firemen running for the hills.