[Ponte Alto] Crown directions in Acorn are incorrect

Katharine Devereaux katdevereaux at hotmail.com
Wed May 2 12:40:01 PDT 2007

The directions to Crown Tourney that are printed in the Acorn are
incorrect. Please use the directions below which can also be found at
http://crown.atlantia.sca.org/html/directions___hotels.html

Please pass the word.  SCA signs will be posted.

Camp Shenandoah
222 Boy Scout Lane
Swoope, VA 24479

Make Your Best way to Exit 220 on I-81: If coming from I-64
(Richmond, C-ville, Tidewater) it's one exit south on I-81.
Note: From this point, you are about 25 minutes from the site. Please
drive carefully it's all narrow, winding country roads.

1. Take exit 220 and follow Rt. 262 to Middlebrook Road Exit.
2. Turn left onto Middlebrook Rd (Rt. 252 South)
3. Follow Middlebrook Rd for 4-5 miles, then take a right onto Smoky
Row Road.
4. Travel on Smoky Row Road to stop sign.
5. At stop sign, take a right onto Eidson Creek Rd.
6. Travel a short distance on Eidson Creek Rd. At the next yield
sign, take a left onto Glebe School Rd (Rt. 708). Note: Start looking
for the turn when you see the “yield ahead” warning sign - it comes
up on you fast, and is a sharp turn.
7. Turn right onto Cattleman Rd and travel to Trimbles Mill Rd
8. Turn left onto Trimbles Mill Rd and travel to Boy Scout Lane.
9. Turn right onto Boy Scout Lane and follow gravel road to Camp
Shenandoah.