[Ponte Alto] Questions re: Possible Indoor Site For Baronial Activities

thrid at aol.com thrid at aol.com
Sun Dec 23 11:37:17 PST 2007

Greta,

First I would like to clear up any possible misunderstandings.? The school did not approach us.? We approached the school, to see if we could obtain use of the facilities over the winter months on the weekends.? The school indicated their facilities were available, and since we were a nonprofit organization, the only expense would be the cost of the janitor which is required to open and close the facility. That cost is $32 per hour with a 4 hour minimum. We have a good relationship with the school, but the school is not asking us to use their gym. We have asked them.

The?fighters which have asked the Barony for this financial outlay are well aware of the financial liability to the Barony.? This is why certain senior fighters within the barony have pledged to cover at least half of the expense in a very worst case scenario. As Max has indicated, we take this pledge seriously.?

The heavy fighting community has been instrumental in helping raise much of the funds this Barony runs on.? We as a group have not asked for much in return.??The fighters listed in the original post?are now asking, as a group, for the Barony to take a small financial risk with this proposal.?To provide evidence of the strength of their commitment to success of?this endeavor, many are making personal financial commitments to ensure the Barony's risk remains small.? However, if members of the Barony feels our pledge?is inadequate, I for one will be happy to?place $920 in to the Barony's?coffers, up front,?to cover the fighter's pledge for the first eight weeks.?

 Since the original posting, additional members of the barony have indicated there support for this activity.?Both openly on this?list and?directly to me. ?I am asking the rest of the Barony?to take a risk on itself. Please indicate, through a posting if you are in favor or against this proposal. And?if the postings are favorable, I am asking the financial commitee to vote for the funds to be maid available at to sign the contract. Finally I am asking the Barony to come join use on Sunday's,?bring your fencing, your dancing, your A & S, and your general comradery.

Thomas of Calais

riginal Message-----