[Ponte Alto] Kingdom Crusades.

guylestran at aol.com guylestran at aol.com
Mon Aug 13 09:51:48 PDT 2007

The next time the Kingdoms Army will be taking the field will be at Kingdom Crusades.? Last year we did not fare to well against the East.

Kingdom Crusades is?05-07 Oct, 2007.? The fighting is on 6 Oct.? I will be going and I am looking for fighters who will stand with me as I fight under the Banner of Ponte Alto.? We have all of these spiffy new Pennsic Baronial Surcoats so lets get some more use out of them and get out there and defend our King.

Things we should be thinking about as to why we take the field.?? First as a squire and then as a Knight, no one really ever told me to be on the field for a battle.? I just knew?it that was the place I needed to be.? Since I was in the Cav I fought more for my King and to be at my Knight's side in battle so I could defend him while he slew mightily.? When I moved to Anstreorra and became a part of their command structure as both the Warlord and later the Executive Officer, it was to enable to the Army to win.? As a?Baron of the Far West, I traveled to Estrella to fight next to my King as one of his Barons with my Army? (granted the Army was just?me but I earned the Wests Wreath of Valor that Year from my then Kingdom of the West)? Now as a Knight in the Baronial Army it is to support my fellow fighters on the field and stand beside them.? Of course I will always be there to fight for my King but the thought does not even enter into my head not to be there for the fighters wh
 o stand beside me, my squire, my fellow Knights (well Sir Thomas) and my King.? It doesn't matter what the battle is or if I think it is just stupid or tiring, if Ro or Edward or Mistress Cunion or Ruth or Conner or Elezaar or Jurgen or any of my other sword-mates are there, I want to be there to support them and fight next to them.? If they are dragging themselves out of bed to face the flashing swords (bashing swords???) swords of the enemy how can I do any less.? My usual day at Pennsic ends between 2-3 AM I am always up in time to fight no matter what time it is.? I have never missed a battle.? Those of you who wish to follow in?my Footsteps (or?those of Sir Tomas)?should take this to heart, for it is heart that drives you when you are hung over or have not gotten enough sleep or water or food.

Our surcoats are black and gold. Have you noticed that the Gold is over our hearts??Take note of this and think on it.

I will see you on the field at Crusades.?

Sir Guy

http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/event_flyer.php?event_id=66cef18d

"Knighthood Is Only The Beginning."