[Ponte Alto] MD RenFest was: (no subject)

Kevin of Thornbury kevin at maxson.com
Thu Sep 28 07:59:44 PDT 2006

Though it's been a LONG time since I went to RenFest, I frequently
attended in "garb".  Of course, at the time it was medieval-oid stuff
that I wouldn't wear today.  (Except for perhaps the mail hauberk.
Well, not the one I wore at the time, my current one is more [though
not perfectly] authentic.)  In any case, were I to go again (and wear
garb), I'd wear garb appropriate for the time period and place, which
for the MD RenFest is early 16th century England.  The problem with
wearing my early-to-middle Tudor garb is that I'm both large and tall
and people would assume I was portraying Henry VIII.  (Especially
since my sister - who is a die hard, consummate Rennie - says that the
current Henry VIII at MD is quite bad.)

I'm in a writing mood today; forgive the rambling.

--
+ Kevin of Thornbury - http://penand.sword.net +