[Ponte Alto] Duke Paul of Bellatrix & St Paddy's Day Bloodbath/Northern Regional War Practice

DCADENISE at aol.com DCADENISE at aol.com
Tue Mar 7 15:02:27 PST 2006

St. Paddy's Day Bloodbath/March 11, 2006
Banners of the North! Weep!

You shame your noble King with your  winter's lethargy. While Atlantia's foes
tilt at rings, you have wintered by  your hearthsides growing soft on rude
tales and mulled wine.

Enough!  Arise and shake off the rust of these past frigid months. Sound the
battle horn  and muster again. Let all the banners of the north fly and fan
our hearts to  acts worthy of song.

The Barony of Ponte Alto is proud to present a day  that will be sure to
satisfy even the most bloodthirsty fighter.

We will  host our annual St. Paddy's Day Bloodbath on Saturday, March 11th.
This is event  is a fighter's dream, featuring our usual bearpit tourney and as
many pickups as  you can stomach. Remember, This is for both light and heavy
fighters, however  this year we will also be adding youth combat to the
schedule! Light fare will  be served, and is included in the site fee. Lunch will be
served by by Countess  Denise Duvalier and Lady Branwen Bach.  Lite Fare will
consist of beef  stew, cheese, bread, pepperoni slices and an apple/pear
dessert.
Their Excellencies of Ponte Alto, Marcellus and Belphoebe, will also be
selecting their rapier and heavy champions, along with announcing a new  baronial
warlord on this day.

St Paddy's Day Bloodbath Schedule:
9:00 troll opens
10:00 Authorizations begin
10:00 Duke Paul Instruction class * teaching times are at the discretion of
His Grace and may be changed *
11:00 Bear Pit Tourney (Rapier and Heavy)
12:30 lunch break
12:30-1:30 youth combat
1:30 Bear Pit Tourney resumes
3:00 Duke Paul instruction class for advanced training  *  teaching times are
at the discretion of His Grace and may be changed  *
4:00 Baronial Court

COST: Site fee is $5. Children under 5 are guests of the barony.  Non-members
please add $3 to the site fee.

SITE: Nottaway Park,  9601 Courthouse Road, Vienna, VA 22181. Site is dry.
Pets are permitted on  leashes. Site is opens at 9AM until dusk.

DIRECTIONS: Take your  best route to I-66, West of 495 to the Nutley Street
exit (Vienna Metro  Station). Follow signs to Vienna. Go through three lights
and turn left onto  Courthouse Road. The park entrance will be about a half
mile up on your left. Go  into the park past the house on the hill. Fighting
field is in the back of the  park.

AUTOCRAT: Sir Thomas of Calais (Thomas Hundley), email:  THRID AT aol.com,
Phone: (703) 339-4114

RESERVATIONS: Please send  all reservations to Denise Hundley, 8112 Bard
Street, Lorton, VA 22079. Checks  should be made payable to "Barony of Ponte Alto,
SCA Inc."

Ponte Alto is please to host Northern Regional War  Practice - Sunday March
12, 2006

The traditional day after Bloodbath.)

All stalwart warriors, ready  to brave wind and ice, awaken from your winter
slumber and join the first  Northern Regional War Practice on Sunday, March
12th!

His Grace, Duke Paul will give instruction on a great weapons class prior  to
the War practice!

The site will be the traditional Ponte Alto Sunday Practice site at
Tysons-Pimmit Park, behind Tysons-Pimmit Regional Library, 7584 Leesburg Pike,  Falls
Church.

Our simple plan for the day is melee, melee, and even more  melee. Warm-ups
and singles to begin at noon, with the first call to muster at 1  pm.

Directions:
Take your best route to I-495. Get off at the  exit for Tysons Corner at
Route 7 East (Falls Church). The library is on the  left about 1 mile towards
Falls Church. Park in the library lot and go down the  hill to the park.

OR

Take I-66 to the Route 7 (Falls Church)  exit. Get off heading towards Tysons
Corner. The library is on the right about  one mile. Park in the library lot
and go down the hill to the park.

Abel  Brem of Regnesfolc
Northern Regional Warlord
abelofregnesfolc AT aol.com