[Ponte Alto] Sewing/Woodworking/A&S/Pennsic Panic day this Sunday

Charlotte Johnson mathilde at mathildegirlgenius.com
Wed Jul 19 18:45:01 PDT 2006

Hi all!

This Sunday afternoon, we'll be hosting
Sewing/Woodworking/A&S/Pennsic Panic day at our home between La
Plata and Indian Head, MD. Bring your last minute Pennsic projects to
work on or get help on.

Anybody want a camp bed at the last minute? Getting up off of the
ground is one of the keys to a good night's rest. Bring three 8'
2x4s, and let me know that you're coming. This bed packs small -
chunks of these boards, plus planks to lay over the resulting
trestles, are all that you have to pack. It also sets up in minutes.
An afternoon's worth of work is all it'll take to have a rather
period bed (15th c).

Anybody need to cut out a few t-tunics? We can do the simple
version, or the almost-as-simple period construction version. Bring
up to three yards of fabric with you (preferably 60" wide),
depending on how long you want it. Bring thread, scissors, and a
measuring tape if you have them, so we're not all trying to share
mine. Extra machines would be welcome, just in case. You can have a
properly constructed garment (or three!) in an afternoon!

I'll cook up a big pot o' spaghetti for dinner, so people can work
through the evening. If you want to stay for dinner, bring a snack
or side to share. Even if you're not staying for dinner, I won't
turn down food. I am 33 weeks pregnant, after all... :-D

We have dogs, a bird, and a baby. If you are allergic to any of the
above, bring proper medication. No smoking, and I ask people to
please police their pins and other sharp objects. The baby is close
to walking, and the puppy is very curious.

Newcomers are especially welcome, as are any projects that don't
release poison gasses into my home (or the like). WMA, rapier, and
other activities are welcome (but I don't guarantee partners!) Milk
jug killing may also happen. Archery and combat archery are not out
of the question.

Contact me off-list for directions.

See you Sunday!
Mathilde