[Ponte Alto] Greetings & XX Winter Olympics fest

Jordan A valerianlearcher at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 08:07:29 PST 2006

Greetings one and all.  I have been a sleeper SCAdian for a few years here
in Ponte Alto since moving to the area from distant lands.  Over the past
few months, I've enjoyed the rapier combat (my primary Society past time*)
and the pleasure of meeting its participants.  Last night I gained my first
Atlantian authorization in that most enjoyable sport, and I heartily thank
all involved.

As many of you will know, tonight marks another special night in sports.  It
is the opening ceremonies of the 20th (Winter) Olympic Games in Italy.  In
honor of those who seek the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat, I'm
hosting my second bi-annual Olympic Fest(tm)!  Come join me for as much
Olympics as you can handle, or maybe even a little more!  Think of it as 11
on the Olympics Spinal Tap amp!  It's so much Michelle Kwan, downhill
skiing, curling, hockey, and skeleton that your brain will explode!**

Venue:  My place is right off I-395, exit 5 (Route 7/King St) near the
Alexandria/Arlington border.  There is more parking than you can shake a
hockey stick at.***
Equipment:  Sony 50" Grand Wega LCD-RP HDTV with Cambridge Soundworks, Dolby
Digital surround sound
Pets:  Fish.  You've been warned.
Dates, Times:  Most weeknights (6pm - 10pm ish) and weekends.  Offer not
valid on Thursdays.  Call or email to confirm availability for your desired
time.
Who is Invited:  You (and friends, SOs, etc).  If I know you, come on over.
If I don't know you, I'd be happy to meet you.
Contact Info:  ValerianLeArcher at gmail.com, or my cell phone (leave a
message during work hours) is 571-331-6323.
Opening Ceremony:  Friday, 2/10 (tonight) at 8pm
Closing Ceremony:  Sunday, 2/16 at 8pm
Lodging:  There is a spare, furnished bedroom with a queen bed.  There's
also a queen futon in the living room.  I'm not really sure how this is
relevent.
Food:  BYOF.  You bring it.  You eat it.  You may leave leftovers.  You are
your own maid service.
TV Network Info:  NBC - head to www.nbcolympics.com for schedules and info
to find exactly when your can't-miss-it sport will be on.  If it' at a time
that details (work, family, life, whatever) interfere with watching it at
its original broadcast time, just let me know.  Some crazy physicists
figured out how to "time-shift" TV, and they got the shifting field
generator scaled down into something only a little bigger than a VCR.  It's
crazy stuff!  Wish I thought of it.  I can't wait until they figure out how
to "time-shift" other things, too.

Neve "the Snowball" Banzoni and Gliz "Iceman" Carciopezzi would like to
"suggest" that you partake of this juicy goodness!

Jordan -aka-
Valerian le Archer

* I started out in archery, and was active in it for several years.  I
registered my name during that time.
** Exploding brains not guaranteed.  Not responsible for exploded brains, or
other injuries.
*** Do not shake a hockey stick in the parking lot.  Not responsible for
what they may do to you if you do.