[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [MR] Flyer for Tournament of Hope

Mary Bowles mariatheresapontoon at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 06:24:02 PDT 2006

Hello All,

  Fighters and Populace alike, if you are interested in helping a desperately ill young lady please read further. If not, discard this e-mail.

  YIS,
  Lady Marie-Therese Normand
  Seneschal, Ponte Alto

  From: "Karl" <lindenheim at cox.net>
To: "Merry Rose" <atlantia at atlantia.sca.org>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 11:12:13 -0400
Subject: [MR] Flyer for Tournament of Hope

The Shire of Cathanar invites you to the Coast for a day of fun and the opportunity to help us rescue a damsel in distress.

On April 22, 2006, we will be holding a Tournament of Hope, in order to raise funds for Amy Holliday, a local woman who is desperately in need of a lung transplant due to cystic fibrosis.

(More information about Amy and the fund-raising efforts being undertaken on her behalf may be found at: http://www.kintera.org/FAF/home/default.asp?ievent=130665. If you are unable to attend but would still like to send a donation, there are instructions on this website.)

This event will be held at Creekside Park, in New Bern NC. Directions below.

While there will be no fee simply to attend, donations will be cheerfully accepted and we will have both heavy and rapier tourneys, each with a $5 entrance fee. There will be up to two resurrections allowed per person, at a further charge of $5 each. (After all, this is a fund-raiser. We hope lots of fighters avail themselves of this rare opportunity to cheat death.)

For the non-fighters, we will have A&S displays, music, Middle Eastern Dancing and drumming, and any other crafts demonstrations, minstrels, or story-tellers that we can recruit to add to the day's entertainment and enjoyment, plus a silent auction. (Donation of items for the auction will be gladly accepted.)

Set-up will begin at 10 AM, with the tournaments and activities beginning at 1 PM and running for the rest of the afternoon.

At noontime, a light lunch will be available on site, at a minimal cost.

For further information or if you have trouble finding us on the day of the event, our contact person is Lord Rycharde Muir, 252 349-3332.

DIRECTIONS:

Creekside Park (http://www.cravencounty.com/depts/rec/creekside.htm) is just a few miles east of New Bern and off Rt. 70. Turn onto Grantham Road at the intersection by the Trade Mart. (There are small signs to the park on each side of Rt. 70) At the end of Grantham Rd, turn right. The entrance to Creekside is on the left, perhaps a quarter of a mile down the street. We will be at the shelter on the right side of the entrance road, beyond most of the sports fields and next to the walking track.