[Ponte Alto] Fwd: RE: Demo and Marshal Activities (Ponte Alto)

Sigrune at aol.com Sigrune at aol.com
Wed May 4 08:48:20 PDT 2005

In a message dated 5/4/2005 9:48:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "james barker" <flonzy at hotmail.com> writes:

::snip::
>...clearly the mentioned Fiore demo does not fall under the
>   defined rules of the Marshal and I will get together with
>   Scott and prepare a document to pass up the chain of
>   command.

Actualy it does fall under the Marshallate currently:
See all cap text between the ***
Apendix A,
Section VII
KINGDOM, PRINCIPALITY, AND LOCAL OFFICERS.
"D. The Earl Marshal:
     The Earl Marshal is responsible for overseeing the
     conduct of all martial arts activities, ***INCLUDING BUT
     NOT LIMITED TO*** tournament lists, wars, combat
     archery, and fencing, as well as such related activities
     as scouting and target archery. ***THE EARL MARSHAL
     BEARS PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROMOTING BOTH THE
     SAFTY AND THE AUTHENTICTY OF THE MARTIAL ARTS IN THE
     KINGDOM, BUT WORKS WITH OTHER OFFICERS IN THEIR AREAS OF
     MUTUAL INTREST.***"

That "but not limited to" clause is the kicker.  Belive me I am sympathetic to what you are trying to accomplish and hope to see it go off without a hitch, I would also like to see the rules better clarified and defined, the tradition of SCA matial arts as well as the fear of injury/lawsuit realy goes a distance towards paralizing new forms/conventions/research within the Society, I would like to see that change myself.

-Takeda Sanjuichiro Akimasa