[Ponte Alto] Message sent to the organizing teacher at Ravensworth Elementary

Marsaili Johnston ladymarsaili at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 06:22:24 PDT 2005

>Julie --

I have a question for you since this has sparked a HUGE debate among the SCA people.  My one (so far!) volunteer has suggested a demonstration of a fighting technique called fiore.  If he can find a partner.

While this would be done with wooden swords -- we know, no real weapons on school property! -- what would the school policy be on something like this?  The children and school staff would NOT be involved, except as observers.  However, we don't want to plan anything and then find out it's in violation of the school rules.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Terelyn Marks

<

Lady Marsaili Johnston
Chatelaine
Baronial Artisan
Barony of Ponte Alto, Kingdom of Atlantia

http://mail.yahoo.com