[Ponte Alto] Demos...

Mary Bowles mariatheresapontoon at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 07:27:22 PDT 2005

Greetings Ponte Alto,

I have received a concerned call from Anne le Coeur , Kingdom Seneschal about a Demo that we are supposedly going to do. There was a question about doing non-SCA combat at this event and weather kids would need wavers to participate. This sent up a red flag in Kingdom's minds. So I am posting this e-mail to find out what is planned and to inform everyone that if a Demo is held using SCA name, regalia or representation, then you MUST hold to the SCA demo rules listed in chapter 3 of the chatelaine's handbook http://chatelaine.atlantia.sca.org/handbook/. NO Combat with the spectators being one of the big rules. Any combat that represents the SCA must be combat that we approve of and have a overall working knowledge of on all participants parts.

I realize the Demo's being planned are in the future meaning May and June but these rules cannot be changed. Please get back to me ASAP with any plans you have in the future. I expect if the SCA is involved that you will be responsible and mindful of the image of the SCA. If there are non-SCA activities such as a foreign combat then the event Can Not be, in any way sponsored or associated with the SCA. This comes down directly from Kingdom.

So to assure the Kingdom that we are not misrepresenting the SCA or in anyway setting us up for a law suite could all people or Ponte Alto planning an event in the next few months get in contact with me about the particulars.

Thank you.

YIS,
Lady Maria Therese de Normand
Seneschal, Ponte Alto