[Ponte Alto] Costumes needed for Medieval Play (Once upon a mattress)

Mary mromagno at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 07:32:15 PDT 2005

Greetings, good gentles of Ponte Alto.

I am helping with the costumes for a production
of Once Upon a Mattress in Vienna, Virginia.

Our performance is in just 2 weeks and we
need six more gowns for the ladies of the court.
(15th century-ish or fantasy, heck we'll take anything
at this point). I have loaned from my SCA pile of
stuff but most of my stuff is too peasant-ish for
the play.

We also need something for a very tall knight (the
actor is 6 foot 7). We are sewing but I think we're
going to run out of time.

Any suggestions for costuming sources or loaner garb
that might work? We are really in a pinch, thanks for
any help you can offer. Most of the actors are slender
teens; it is a youth group performance.

Thanks for any tips you can offer.

- Margherita