[Ponte Alto] Singer Desires Pennsic Performance

Signora Cassandra Arabella Giordani cassandra at jordanclan.net
Fri Jul 1 21:26:09 PDT 2005

Greetings Margherita!

There are many opportunities for performance at Pennsic, as you might imagine.

If you have not already, please visit the A&S section of the Pennsic web site:
http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn34/cultural.html

There you can find out about dances, scheduled performances, and the Known
World Choir (among other things).

There are, of course, the multitude of bardic circles that will likely be
happening somewhere every night.  These can range from an ad hoc
all-are-welcome gathering to invitation-only settings, and some larger ones
will be advertised at Information Point (or as papers posted on
port-a-johns) at Pennsic.

I have not heard any word of a group performance competition at Pennsic
this year, though in years past there have been such things, in which Harp
and Drum and Alle Psallite participated.  However, a group of bards around
the Known World are trying something new this year, the Iron Bards
competition, for solo performance, it would seem.  For more info, see their
web site:
http://www.iron-bards.org/

Also visit the Barony's Pennsic web links page:
http://pontealto.atlantia.sca.org/pennsic/links.php
and check out the links in the Performance and Dance section for other leads.

Happy hunting!
Cassandra
Chalice Bard
Member of Alle Psallite