[Ponte Alto] Reminder: Northern Regional Melee Practice - Sunday November 14th- Noon

AbelofRegnesfolc at aol.com AbelofRegnesfolc at aol.com
Tue Nov 2 09:03:45 PST 2004

Greetings all valiant heavy fighters of Atlantia. I am pleased to announce
that Ponte Alto will host a Northern Regional Melee Practice on Sunday November
 14 starting at Noon.

The simple plan for the day will be:
Noon - 1pm: warm up with  singles
1pm  - ?: Melees

I will divide the fighters into teams, keeping those who normally fight
together within the same group. The first set of three melees will have us
practice columns with double stacked shields (two rows of shields, backed up  with
support weapons) moving over a long distance.

The next set of melees will be open field format. Time and energy  permitting
we will end the day with a set of bridge and resurrection battles.

Starting in the spring of 2005 there will be a once a month Northern
Regional melee practice that will rotate around to different areas, and  occasionally
allow combat archery. More on this soon!

Practice is behind the Tysons-Pimmit Regional Library 7584 Leesburg Pike,
Falls Church.

Directions: Take your best route to I-495. Get off at the exit for Route 7
East (Falls Church). The library is on the left about 1 mile. Park in the
library lot and go down the hill to the park

PS- there is ample space for Rapier and the regular Ponte-Alto fencer
practice will also be in session.

In service to Atlantia and the Dream,
Abel Brem of Regnesfolc