[Ponte Alto] URGENT Pennsic Encampment News

ArtsofPalm at aol.com ArtsofPalm at aol.com
Tue May 25 11:20:40 PDT 2004

75 feet of space for common area that would include the space between the
tents would not be enough no matter what people said or didn't say.  Besides, you
can't apply the 75 feet to the perimeter of a tent, because people have all
different sized tents and the allocation would be unfair.  Also, this type of
allocation mostly only benefits the people near the tent and not the whole
group, somewhat killing the concept of common area.

Last year, we taxed 100 feet.  This seemed to give us a good (but not
excessive) amount of space for common area.  Remember that we also shared common area
space with Stierbach last year, which helped us out.  Although we can hope to
do this again this year, we cannot count on it.

It does seem to add up.  I know that I will probably need two ghosts to cover
for my space.  But, for my vote, it is well worthwhile.  The common area last
year got used extensively.  Being a Baronial encampment, we need extra space
for Baronial activities and events.

In a message dated 5/25/2004 11:33:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,