[Ponte Alto] URGENT Pennsic Encampment News

Marsaili Johnston ladymarsaili at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 08:30:23 PDT 2004

OK -- I'm looking at the square footage calculator and do not understand why it's adding space when we've been told repeatedly that the three feet of space between the tents is supposed to come from the 75 feet of space being 'given back' for common area.  If that's not part of the common area, then what is it?

And granted, we don't want to be sitting in each other's laps, but the space being discussed for common area is bigger than my entire apartment.  Do we need that much?

Frankly, this is about to price me out of camping with Ponte Alto.  The budget's a little tight right now and registering for a second space for small tent isn't going to happen.

Marsaili

Irwin <dwatsonirwin at cox.net> wrote:
Please spread the news of this announcement. If you know of folks who plan on camping with the Barony who may not be on this mailing list or does not have Internet access, please forward this message.  If you are holding a meeting or practice this week please ask all attendees to check Ponte Alto mailing list for this important information. http://seahorse.atlantia.sca.org/mailman/listinfo/ponte-alto

LAND OVERRUNS

Based on the 14 currently registered campers we have an overrun of 639 sq ft. Every camper except the one person registered in a hotel is over their square footage allotment.

Back in February we had a head count of 10 people who would be camping in hotels. Their square footage was to be alloted to our encampment.
It was thought that we would be able to cover any overages. Since that time some plans have changed. Currently we have only one person registered in a hotel.

I apologize for any confusion this may cause. We made an assumption back in February that has not panned out at this point in time. I am figuring this out as I go along. I hope to put together some guidlines for next year so that things may go smoother.

At the Baronial meeting last night it was decided that each tent site MUST purchase enough space to cover their foot print.  To do this you will need to register enough ghost campers to cover your footprint. If you only need a little space, you can share the ghost's space with other campers. If you do not register enough campers to cover your footprint there is a possibility we may not be able to accomodate you.

Ghost Campers do not have a land set aside for common ground. Ghost campers space is 250 sq. ft.

If you have already registered, you can find out how much your overrun is here: http://pontealto.atlantia.sca.org/pennsic/campers.php
You will also be able to see who has extra space to help you meet your square footage.

To determine your footprint: http://pontealto.atlantia.sca.org/pennsic/calculate.php

REGISTERING WITH THE BARONY

If you want to camp with the Barony you MUST register with us. PLEASE REGISTER IMMEDIATELY. Even if you have not registered with Pennsic, register with us. Even if you plan to stay in a hotel. The deadline is June 1st. Many folks will be away at Sapphire this weekend or away for the holiday. There will be little or no time to add a ghost if you need extra space.

If you do not yet have a PENN Number, enter 000.000 for each camper when you fill out this portion of the Barony Registration Form.

If you have a PENN Number be sure to include the period it contains. ex. 1234.567 not 1234567

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE TELEPHONE ME. Email takes longer and we are short on time.
Perronelle (Debbie Irwin) 703-455-0298.  I may be away on Saturday but leave a name and phone number for me to contact. And, please state your name and number slowly and clearly.

YIS

Perronelle

Lady Marsaili Johnston
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!