[Ponte Alto] URGENT Pennsic Encampment News

Marsaili Johnston ladymarsaili at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 05:11:21 PDT 2004

Yes, but I'm finding that people who have 10x12 mundane tents -- no extra space needed for ropes -- are being told that they're over their allotted space.  How is this being figured?  That's 120 square feet by my calculator.

Marsaili

corun at medievalist.org wrote:
Jaine wrote:

> I find it difficult to believe that each and every camper registered
> with Ponte Alto is over their allotment. Are you sure you are calculating
> land area correctly? 250 square feet is enough to put up a 9x12 period
> tent with a 3 foot rope allotment all around if you add in a small amount
> of 'rope overlap'. Two people in a 16 x 16 fit within their allotted
> space with a 484 square foot footprint. A 9 x 12 popup tent only occupies
> 108 square feet.
>
>What are you folks camping in? The entire Panther catalog?

You're not taking into account that everyone has to give up 75 sq. ft. of
their 250 for the camp's common area. That only leaves you with 175 sq. ft.
which means that if your tent fits into 250 sq. ft. exactly, you now have
to buy a ghost so your tent fits, or bring a smaller tent.

Corun

Lady Marsaili Johnston
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!