[Ponte Alto] Stierbach's Baronial Birthday--Autocrat Location Information!

Ii Saburou logan at ModZer0.gi.alaska.edu
Thu Jun 17 18:03:51 PDT 2004

To anyone trying to get ahold of me (Ii Katsumori, Autocrat) for Baronial
Birthday, please be aware that I will be on site starting at 10 am.  I
will have Ellen's cell phone: 703-309-9727 if you need to reach me.

If you would like to come out and help set up, we will be happy to have
you there.  Gate officially opens at 4pm, although certain setup
activities (such as a run to the storage locker) will be considerably
earlier than that (say, about noon or so).

Rowen is still looking for people to help with the Friday evening shift.
For information, contact her at MdvlSoul at aol.com--I'm sure she would LOVE
to have people volunteer to help out Friday!

If we get done setting up in time tomorrow, I'd like to invite people to
Syke's Hall for an impromptu scheduled bardic circle ;).

Sunday we will need help taking down.  We want to get off the site by 11am
if possible.

Anyone who would like to come and help out, we can still use hands.  We
can also use donations of equipment such as walkie-talkies and other such
conveniences.

In other news, be aware that there will be at least two porta-johns on
site that are not--repeat not--ours.  There is another group coming in for
two weeks, and they have their toilets delivered Friday.  If the toilet
doors are taped shut, they are the wrong ones!  There will be two from
Ar-Johns for our use, plus the use of the facilities in Syke's Hall.

This is a wet site; alcoholic beverages are permitted.

Open fires are not permitted accept supervised in the firepit up the hill.
Please bear this in mind.  Camp stoves should not pose a problem, but no
tiki torches or similar open flames.

We do not expect weather to be a serious problem, short of tornado
warnings.  There are plenty of buildings on site in which people can
fight, dance, display, etc.  We will have pavillions available for people
outside as well to keep off sunshine--liquid or otherwise.  So far,
weather station is calling for good weather, and a beautiful event.

For those who need to find me on Saturday, I will be wearing the red and
white kataginu kamishimo--for those who don't know, that's my red,
sleeveless outfit with the big white hash mark/well-frame/tic-tac-toe
board on the back!

Finally, a reminder to bring lunch and for everyone to stay hydrated.
Even if you aren't so hot, make sure you drink plenty of liquids.
Becoming dehydrated is strictly prohibited, and should anyone become
seriously ill they will be ejected from the site as quickly as possible
(to the nearest hospital, of course).  Let's not have any of that if we
can help it ;-)

Thank you to everyone who has helped so far.  I'm sure the list will be a
mile longer come Sunday!

-Ii