[Ponte Alto] Newcomers to Ponte Alto

Sarah Pearson spearson at aypf.org
Thu Jun 17 11:42:47 PDT 2004

Lady Magda and Lord Edric, Welcome to the Barony of Ponte Alto. It will be
wonderful to have you onboard. Our chatelaine, Lady Lucia (Liz Georges), is
one of the best for integrating you into the baronial community. We need
skilled cooks AND heavy fighters, so you are most welcome!

As for fighting, we are getting in gear for Pennsic now and could use
another seasoned fighter at practice. We practice behind Tyson's Pimmit
Library grounds (off of Rt 7, near where it intersects with Rt 66) every
Thursday from 6:30 to dark and Sundays from 12-4 or so. When you get
situated, please come visit.

Isabella

from Lord Edric of Scardeburg and Lady Magda vander Aa, mundanely Jacob
Selmer and Amy Smith.

 My lord Edric, who graduated with a BS in mechanical engineering from
Virginia Tech this spring, has just accepted a job in Springfield at ENSCO,
and so within the month we will be moving to the area.  We are hoping to
find a place to rent relatively cheaply, and cannot pretend to know yet
which barony we will actually end up living in.  Either way, we are of
course looking forward to getting to know both groups.  Edric's interests
include heavy and light fighting, constructing the best possible 13th
century kit, music and singing, and most particularly blacksmithing and
armoring.  In our current barony of Black Diamond, he has been the guiding
force behind the creation of a metal working shop and served as baronial
champion.  He has also fought with the Barony of Ponte Alto at Pennsic, as
Black Diamond did not field a unit that year and his parents live in Ponte
Alto.  I, Magda, am primarily interested in costume research and design,
herbalism, soap making, singing, and cooking.  I served as Black Diamond's
chatelaine for about 3 1/2 years, and have been head cook for the last
three Assessments feasts, which perhaps you attended.  I look forward
eagerly to continuing to serve Atlantia in the capacity of head cook.
     We are including pictures of ourselves for those who remember faces
better than names, in hopes that many of you might remember us.  (Edric is
modeling a Churburg style breastplate that he recently completed.)  Please
feel free, if you think it appropriate, to forward this message to your
respective listserves.  We welcome any advice or assistance that anyone
might be able to offer us, particularly if anyone is aware of any
affordable housing options.
     Thank you very much for your time, and we look forward to hearing from
our new neighbors!
                    --Edric of Scardeburg
                      Magda vander Aa

Lady Cassandra Arabella Giordani