[Ponte Alto] June Asian Night in Stierbach!

Ii Saburou logan at ModZer0.gi.alaska.edu
Sat Jun 12 07:21:51 PDT 2004

This coming Monday is the second Monday of the month, making it time for
Asian Night, again!

This month we will be talking about the yin-yang divination of Japan
(strongly influenced by Han thinking) and watching "Onmyoji 2", the second
movie about the legendary Abe no Seimei, a famous Yin-Yang Diviner (or
"Onmyouji") who is credited with many of the 'advances' made in the
science of divination and astrology during the Heian period.  Stories of
him claim that his mother was a fox, and various tales of his use of
Yin-Yang divination remain today.

The DVD is Region 2 (w/ English subtitles), so we will be watching it
downstairs on the large computer monitor, although if anyone out there has
a regionless DVD player, we could show it on the larger TV screen
upstairs!

We will expect people as early as 6pm, and plan to start the movie at 7:30
pm, so that people will have enough time to get there, talk, and still get
home at a relatively decent time.

We are at 6899 Ridge Water Court in Centreville, VA.  There are visitor
parking spaces as well as the two spots in front of our neighbor's house
labelled '73'--guests are welcome to park in any of them.

If you need better directions, please write or call 703-815-0310.

We would also appreciate RSVPs so that we know who to expect.  If anyone
wants to bring food to share, I'm sure that we will all be grateful.

-Ii