[Ponte Alto] Heraldry, when you can't draw

corun at medievalist.org corun at medievalist.org
Wed Jan 28 17:20:33 PST 2004

Kevin wrote:

>To be fair, lots of us use CorelDraw to do heraldry.  But I
>didn't draw that version of my arms on-line, and Giuliana's
>arms are wrong.

I just looked up Giuliana's arms in the O and A and the blazon reads; very,
three lillies, on a chief triangular argent, a mullet sable.

The drawing on the web page is how I would interpret that blazon. What's
wrong with the drawing? I'm very curious?

>And Elizabeth MacAlester's are simply rendered wrong.

And Elisabeth (spelled with an s, not a z I found out after much searching)
has two devices;

Per pale argent and azure, three fleurs-de-lys within a bordure counterchanged

Per fess argent and azure, three fleurs-de-lys, one and two, and a mountain
couped counterchanged

The first was regisered in 2000, while the second was registered in 1986,
which means the first one supercedes the second. But all that
notwithstanding, the white fleur-de-lys in the white field should be azure.
Took me a minute to actually see that. You know how the eyes play tricks.

Corun