[Ponte Alto] Heraldry, when you can't draw

corun at medievalist.org corun at medievalist.org
Wed Jan 28 17:07:45 PST 2004

Kevin wrote:

>To be fair, lots of us use CorelDraw to do heraldry.  But I
>didn't draw that version of my arms on-line, and Giuliana's
>arms are wrong.
>
>And Elizabeth MacAlester's are simply rendered wrong.

Master Kevin,

I wasn't trying to be unfair to anyone, I simply wanted to point out that I
could help the fellow by virtue of having been drawing heraldry on the
computer (CorelDraw notwithstanding) for many years now. My apologies if
you thought I was being unfair to the other artists who submitted work to
the Ponte Alto pages (none of the submitter's names are listed so I could
only credit myself, not knowing who did the rest). And to continue to be
fair, I didn't do the drawings of your, Giuliana or Elizabeth's arms. I
would be happy to supply corrected armoury though.

In the interests of accuracy the arms I drew are as follows;

Main Page - Ponte Alto arms and augmentation (used as a crest at the
request of Master Niall McKennet, founding Baron)

Page 1 - Mistress Allasondrea da Fano, Lady Alesia la Sabia de Murcia, Lady
Anastasia di Frienze, Sir Andrew Grey, Mistress Anne of Carthew, Dame
Caitlyn o Duirnin, Lady Celia of Rosedale, My own, Baroness Denise
Duvalier, Baron Donald MacGregor

Page 2 - Lady Feline von Behren, Mistress Gwendolen ferch Cadwaladr ap
Rhys, Count Havordh Ættarbani, Mistress Keilyn FitzWarin, Earl Laeghaire o
Laverty, Earl Mika Longbow

Page 3 - Master Niall McKennet, Lord Patrick Ravensclaw, Baron Ranulf of
Waterford, Lady Sorcha de Glys, Mistress Teleri Talgellweg, Master Tirloch
of Tallaght, Mistress Ursula d'Arcy, Dame Winifred Corbet de Wynterwood,
Duchess Ysabeau Cameron

Some of the charges I drew up from scratch, others are whole clipart, still
others are altered or modified clipart. The rest of the arms on these pages
were submitted by others. I know not who.

Corun