[Ponte Alto] Heraldry, when you can't draw

corun at medievalist.org corun at medievalist.org
Thu Jan 29 04:10:36 PST 2004

Giuliana,

I got to playing with your arms and I have a question. Is the mullet a five
pointed star or the fish? Both charges come up under the same spelling, and
mullet when referring to stars, is five pointed by default. Any other
number of points has to be named. Anyway, I drew up your arms based on the
blazon in the O and A with both the five pointed star and the fish. I kinda
like the fish myself, but that's just me. Also, how do you like your lilies
drawn? What's on the page is the heraldic version minus the stems (which,
being green would blend in with the field behind anyway) and with the
pistils white instead of red or gold. Flowers get kinda tricky. Anyway, do
you prefer the natural lily or the heraldic one? White stems or none?

And as for what's up on the web pages, the chief in that drawing is a bit
large, making it look almost like the shield is divided per chevron.

Corun