[Ponte Alto] April 17th 'Flower Viewing': 5pm (Directions Below)

Ii Saburou logan at ModZer0.gi.alaska.edu
Thu Apr 15 18:56:44 PDT 2004

Thank you to everyone who replied and plans to come to our house this
Saturday, April 17th, for our 'flower viewing'.  We will make sure to have
go boards and flowers for ikebana ready.  I'm afraid we will be having
something of a Sen no Rikyu flower viewing*, due to the late date, but I
still welcome anyone who would want to come!

We are busy preparing the food for that evening: please let us know if you
have any allergies ahead of time!

It was often the case that people would bring their own chopsticks to eat
with, and we encourage this, although we have plenty of them to go around,
also.  Due to the nature of Japanese food (many small, individual dishes)
we are asking that anyone who can bring about 5 small bowls, fit for
various sauces and side dishes.  We will prepare them in the kitchen to be
brought out.

Japanese clothing is recommended: we have some available, but please let
us know if you need it ahead of time!

Sake and plum wine is accepted for later in the evening, of course.  Crash
space can be made available.

Directions to our house are as follows:

Take Rt. 28 to Bradenton Rd.  If you are coming from Rt. 29/I-66, take Rt.
28 south past the light for Green Trails/Old Mill Rd., and Bradenton is
the next left.  If you are coming from Manassas, in the south, it is the
first right after the light for Compton Rd.

Bradenton ends in a T.  Turn left onto Compton Village Rd.  Follow this
past the community center and turn right onto Compton Village Ct.  Follow
this to the end and turn right onto Ridge Water Ct.  Follow this to the
end and look for the yellow-green banner with a fox at 6899 Ridge Water
Ct.  There are Visitor spots marked, or you can park in the spaces marked
'73'.  There is an ASCII map of the street with Visitor spots marked
below.

Our phone number is 703-815-0310.  Food will probably begin around 6pm~7pm
and we will go as long as people wish.

-Ii

*Toyotomi Hideyoshi, late 16th century ruler of Japan, once heard that the
morning glories in Sen no Rikyu's gardens had bloomed and were at their
peak.  So impressed was he by the descriptions, he immediately scheduled
tea with the master in Rikyu's garden.  When he arrived, he saw that all
of the plants were bare--nothing but green leaves.  He was incensed by the
lies he had heard, and was filled with anger as he stooped to enter the
tea house.

And as he crossed over the threshold he looked in the tokonoma and saw a
plain pot in which stood a single morning glory, and he understood.

PARKING:
         |             |
      ---/             \---
      VIS*               55
      VIS*               55
      87               *VIS
      88                 56
      88                 56
      89                 57
      89                 57
      90                 58
      90                 58
      91                 59
      91                 59
      92                 60
      92                 60
      93                 61
      93                 61
      94               /---
      94               |
      ---\     0000     \
         |    000000    |
      ---/     0000     \---
      95                  62
      95                  62
      96                  63
      96                  63
      97                  64
      97                  64
      98                  65
      98                  65
      99                  66
      99                  66
      100                 67
      100                 67
      VIS*                68
      101                 68
      101               *VIS
      VIS*                69
      102                 69
      102               /---
      ---\              |
         |              \---
         |                70
         |                70
         |                71
         /                71
        /                 72
       /                  72
      /                   *73
VIS*      /------\        74  **Our House**
VIS*      |      |        74   6899 Ridge Water
VIS*      |      |        75
80                        76
   |79|79|78|78|77|77|76|