[Ponte Alto] Archery Practices with Stierbach

nlcovington at mindspring.com nlcovington at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 15 12:18:46 PDT 2004

Hello, Current and Future Archers--

The Stierbach archery practice schedule changeover gives me an opportunity to greet you all and invite you to hone your target archery skills with us. In April we change from our winter schedule to our summer schedule, and usually we change locations, too, though this summer's location is TBD.

Here is what we have set so far:

* This Friday, 16 April, we are practicing at Bull Run Shooting Center from 4 pm on. This seems to be our last Friday practice, ending the winter schedule.

* Monday, 19 April, again we practice at Bull Run, same time. This starts the summer schedule. In subsequent weeks practice is planned for each Monday, with Thursday as backup in case of rain.

The Stierbach archers are great archers and teachers who delight in sharing their expertise. And I would be happy to see more Ponte Alto archers. Please join us!

You can link to directions from the Ponte Alto weekly schedule or find them on the Stierbach website--or contact me if you prefer. Also contact me if you want to car pool and use the HOV lanes; I am willing to coordinate ride sharing for all interested.

Another Archery Practice

We have another local practice opportunity on Sunday mornings in the Shire of Roxbury Mill, from 10 to noon, in Rock Creek Park near Lake Needwood (in the northern part of Rockville, MD). Many fine archers from Roxbury Mill and Storvik regularly attend this practice, and I encourage you to join in.  The location is also worth noting because this archery range is open from sunrise to sunset every day, with no admission charge. Roxbury Mill practice information is at the following URL:

http://roxburymill.atlantia.sca.org/Shire_Activities/shire_activities.html#archery

They give directions from 355, but coming from northern Virginia you might rather travel N on 270 to the Shady Grove Rd/Redland Rd exit--the most prominent sign is for Shady Grove Rd, but there is a little branch exit to Redland Rd just south of the ramp to Shady Grove Rd. You can take Redland Rd east across 355 and follow the Roxbury Mill directions from there.

I hope to see you at the range,

Arnfriðr

nc