[Ponte Alto] Fwd: [Baronage] Challenge of the Heart - May 8 - NOT IN THE APRIL ACORN

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 05:58:04 PDT 2004

For your information :-)

Jonathas & Amalia <BnB at DunCarraig.net> wrote:From: "Jonathas & Amalia"
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:36:06 -0400
Subject: [Baronage] Challenge of the Heart - May 8 - NOT IN THE APRIL ACORN

Greetings Cousins,

Are you looking for something to do on the weekend of May 8?  Regrettably our flyer did not make it to the Acorn in time for Aprils printing, and many may not receive your May Acorn before the event...

Dun Carraig's spring event is continuing its tour of the Known World.  This year we visit the Mediterranean country of Italy with Sfida del Coure (Challenge of the Heart in Italian).

For those inclined to the martial arts, we present something for everyone.  For rapier we see the return of the Stone Muffin Inn, which all appeared to love at our Baronial Investiture in November.  For those who prefer armoured combat we see the return of our triad tournament, so bring a few friends  or make some new ones to fight with.  And for those who prefer to rain death from afar, Laird Muirghen returns as designer of this years archery and thrown weapons competition.

The gentler arts will be featured at this celebration as well.  For those just learning a new skill, we present a "First Attempts" display will allow you to show what you have learned and gain knowledge from other artisans.  There may be some surprises on the tables as well (ever wonder what a Laurel's first attempts looked like?).  There will be an open competition for those who wish to show their works and receive feedback.  And for those who really enjoy a challenge (that is, after all, the theme of the event!), there will be a competition for the best example of 14th - 15th century Italian headgear.  Documentation is encouraged but not required.  Specific questions can be directed to Baroness Mary Isabel of Heatherstone at MOAS at DunCarraig.net .

Merchants, we invite you to add to the ambiance of the occasion by bringing your wares to participate in our Mediterranean Marketplace.  While we cannot hope to compete with Venice a crossroads of the world, we hope that many will take advantage of the day.  Please contact the autocrat to register.

A divine feast will be prepared by Minowara Kiritsubo no ason.  We will be presenting a feast in the Italian style, and it will include delights from throughout the Mediterranean region including Spain, southern France, Naples, the Arabic world, and of course Italy.  Please contact the cook about dietary concerns at Cook at DunCarraig.net .  The full menu can be found online at:
http://www.duncarraig.net/challenge/feast.php

Space is limited, so please register early!!

The event will be held at Good Samaritan Presbyterian Church in Waldorf, MD.  The site will open at 11 am and close at 11 pm.  The site is dry.

COST: Non-SCA Members add $3 to all prices
Adult off board $7
Adult on board $12
Children 7-17 off board $2
Children 7-17 on board $5
Children 6 and under are guests of the Barony

Please send your reservations to Baroness Amalia Kunne (Heather Kriebel) at 8635 Napping Place, Welcome, MD 20693, (301) 392-0126 NLT 10PM, Troll at DunCarraig.net .  Please include names of everyone in your party, their SCA Membership numbers, type of reservation, and your contact phone number.  In order to preserve the sanity of the autocrat and cook you are encouraged to mail your reservations early.  Remember the only true reservation is a PAID reservation!

The autocrat of this fine event is Lady Kaolin Inn Oargi (Jennifer Conti), 714 Pioneer Trail, Lusby, MD 20657, (410) 394-0973, Autocrat at DunCarraig.net

Directions can be found on the website:
http://www.duncarraig.net/challenge

Baron Jonathas

-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
House Fallen From Grace: http://www.houseffg.org
Atlantian Siege Guild http://siege.atlantia.sca.org