[Ponte Alto] Shlager vs epee

corun at cox.net corun at cox.net
Tue Sep 2 05:33:18 PDT 2003

Sven wrote:

> Could someone perhaps explain briefly and clearly the differences in rules on
> these. I fought a bit in Artemesia, where they only have shlager, and I'd like
> to be able to fight there when I go back for vacations and such, but I'd also
> like to be able to participate here. Is there a way to do this without having
> to have an epee? Any help would be most appreciated!

Atlantia uses schlager and in looking through the Policies of the Kingdom Rapier Marshal I find nothing that says one must first authorize in any other weapons form before authorizing shlager. If you are authorized in schlager in Artemesia then it should be a simple matter of re-authorizing here in order to comply with Kingdom Law and Policy (visitors to Atlantia may use their Kingdom's authorization, but new residents must re-authorize). The only thing you lose in not getting an epee is a lot of other fighting you might be able to enjoy. We have done schlager meless but these are not the norm and we usually use epee for melees.

In service,
Corun, AFS