[Ponte Alto] Pennsic Registration - important note!

ArtsofPalm at aol.com ArtsofPalm at aol.com
Tue May 6 18:58:51 PDT 2003

Greetings to all who are planning to join the Barony's camp site this year at
the Pennsic War.  I just received a reminder (from my mundane self!) that we
need to collect all of your Penn #s that are generated as you register each
Pennsic camper.   Each and every precious number will be used for Land Grab.

PLEASE NOTE!  This is a bit tricky when you are registering on the Pennsic
site, particularly if you are registering more than one person.  As you are
'building' your list of campers, you will get a Penn # for each member
registered... you must register everyone (including minors) who is coming to
Pennsic, and each person gets their own number.

Here's the tricky part.  When you say you are done and ready to pay, YOU WILL
GET  A CONFIRMATION PRINTOUT ONLY FOR THE LAST PERSON YOU REGISTERED...  this
is not what we need for land grab... we need ALL the Penn #s assigned to you.
 Therefore, I advise that you print out the page that gives you this list of
all names and Penn #s (which you get after you complete each person),  and
which occurs just BEFORE you hit the payment button.

Once you have done this, please enter these numbers into the Barony's Camper
registration form... I've only just added these Penn #s to the form today, so
if you've already registered on Barony's site, just email me your Penn #s
along with the camper names (mundane names, not SCA names) and I'll add them
for you.

One more note... if anyone is planning to come to Pennsic and stay in a
hotel, and does NOT currently plan to register with another house, could they
please register with the Pennsic site as Barony of Ponte Alto... free showers
and the use of my tent for changing etc. are offered in exchange :^ )

Thanks for your patience....

Irene Madhaidin

PS:  On a bit of a disappointing note for those who did not attend the March
Business meeting, we will unfortunately not be permitted any extra space for
a teaching tent at Pennsic... this may change the opinions of some of the
people who took the survey, where I received an overwhelming "Love it" on
that question.... it's not so lovable when we have to give up shower space or
something like that :^ )

PPS:  I think it would be advisory to hold a pre-Pennsic meeting at this
month's business meeting.  The primary reason for this will be to determine
whether and how many 'ghosts' we might want to register for the Barony, if we
should need extra space.