[Ponte Alto] Preliminary poll on ordering bulk combat archery equipment

Belphoebe belfebe at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 07:24:01 PST 2003

Marcellus and I would be interested in the fiberglass
bolts, and would like to know about the source for the
plastic part for the modified Marklands.

The foam is not a problem, as we have found that
floating mats for pools work beautifully for the tips,
not only for crossbow bolts, but also for ballista
bolts.

Cheers,

Bel

--- zhdanov <zhdanov at adelphia.net> wrote:
> Denise, et al -
>
> Please forward this to whomever may need it...(which
> may not be
> necessary in light of the fact that I sent it to ye
> olde PA list)...
>
> Countess Sir Erika sells both arrow (28.5") and bolt
> length (14.25")
> fiberglass shafts. The bulk buy price break is at
> 300 units of each.
> This means that arrow shafts drop to $0.75 ea from
> $1.00 when you buy
> 300 shafts.  The same goes for xbow bolts, price
> drops to 37.5 cents
> each from 50 cents each when you buy 300 bolts. So
> only 6 people need to
> get 50 apiece to get you there...
>
> The Baldar Egghead Blunts are $1.75 each once you
> buy 50, otherwise they
> are $2 each. She does not sell the modified Markland
> blunts.  However,
> there is another place that sells the plastic part
> for 65 cents each.
> Lord Siegfried had a source for the foam plugs, but
> that person has
> never responded to my electronic hails. One can make
> them out of camping
> mats and other foamy things...  Siegfried indicated
> that they were
> pennies apiece... Of course you can make your own
> UHMW blunts given
> tools and time and raw shaft material. I would not
> suggest it though,
> since it is dangerous work...
>
> Now for APDs...
>
> For crossbow bolts, you only need them for heavy
> combat, not rapier. For
> rapier you should add fletchings. (Vanes are 7 cents
> each in lots of
> colors, no price break) However, they would work
> fine for Rapier with
> the Siloflex APDs, and fletches are not required,
> nor do they do any
> good.  The Silofelx APD can be made from tubing, or
> can be purchased for
> 35 cents each.
>
> For putting together the bolts with Baldars, you
> need hot melt glue gun
> or Quiktite glue, strapping tape and time. The
> blunts are a force push
> on, no glue required. The Siloflex APDs get glued
> onto the shaft, and
> then need to be taped on as well with strapping
> tape. Finally, the whole
> shaft needs to get the strapping tape treatment
> (longitudinally). And
> lastly YOU MUST PUT YOUR NAME AND KINGDOM ON THE
> AMMO! I put my barony
> on as well to fine point where the ammo should be
> returned to, and just
> to piss off those Dukes when they look to see who
> keeps killing them.
> ;-)
>
> Bottom line on pricing for combat bolts (assuming
> that you get 300 units
> together) is roughly $135.75 for 50 units, including
> the shipping rates
> we got on our buy of nearly 1000 units (mixed
> between arrows and bolts).

> [...]

=====
-- It is a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you are badly dressed.
(From the Rules of Ettiquette of the Ankh Morpork Guild of Assasins)
House Fallen From Grace: http://ffg.freeshell.org