[Ponte Alto] Preliminary poll on ordering bulk combat archery equipment

zhdanov zhdanov at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 5 16:29:07 PST 2003

Denise, et al -

Please forward this to whomever may need it...(which may not be
necessary in light of the fact that I sent it to ye olde PA list)...

Countess Sir Erika sells both arrow (28.5") and bolt length (14.25")
fiberglass shafts. The bulk buy price break is at 300 units of each.
This means that arrow shafts drop to $0.75 ea from $1.00 when you buy
300 shafts.  The same goes for xbow bolts, price drops to 37.5 cents
each from 50 cents each when you buy 300 bolts. So only 6 people need to
get 50 apiece to get you there...

The Baldar Egghead Blunts are $1.75 each once you buy 50, otherwise they
are $2 each. She does not sell the modified Markland blunts.  However,
there is another place that sells the plastic part for 65 cents each.
Lord Siegfried had a source for the foam plugs, but that person has
never responded to my electronic hails. One can make them out of camping
mats and other foamy things...  Siegfried indicated that they were
pennies apiece... Of course you can make your own UHMW blunts given
tools and time and raw shaft material. I would not suggest it though,
since it is dangerous work...

Now for APDs...

For crossbow bolts, you only need them for heavy combat, not rapier. For
rapier you should add fletchings. (Vanes are 7 cents each in lots of
colors, no price break) However, they would work fine for Rapier with
the Siloflex APDs, and fletches are not required, nor do they do any
good.  The Silofelx APD can be made from tubing, or can be purchased for
35 cents each.

For putting together the bolts with Baldars, you need hot melt glue gun
or Quiktite glue, strapping tape and time. The blunts are a force push
on, no glue required. The Siloflex APDs get glued onto the shaft, and
then need to be taped on as well with strapping tape. Finally, the whole
shaft needs to get the strapping tape treatment (longitudinally). And
lastly YOU MUST PUT YOUR NAME AND KINGDOM ON THE AMMO! I put my barony
on as well to fine point where the ammo should be returned to, and just
to piss off those Dukes when they look to see who keeps killing them.
;-)

Bottom line on pricing for combat bolts (assuming that you get 300 units
together) is roughly $135.75 for 50 units, including the shipping rates
we got on our buy of nearly 1000 units (mixed between arrows and bolts).

One last note, we will let y'all know when we are doing our combat ammo
building workshop this month.

k vasheem oosloogam (at your service)

Nikolai