[Ponte Alto] Protocols and such.

Courtney of Caer Dubh caerdubh at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 06:34:01 PST 2003

Greetings to Irene and all the goodly gentles of Ponte
Alto!

As the soon to be Official Web Minister for Ponte Alto
(on Feb. 22), I can speak with certainty that your
generous offer is not out of line.  There are
certainly areas that could benefit from new ideas on
the Ponte Alto website, although I do not wish to
imply any criticism of its care and feeding to date
(many thanks to Ranulf!).

Rather, I was hoping to kick off my tenure by
soliciting ideas from the Populace as a whole, and
getting any ideas from everyone of what else they
would like to see there! I am open to a picture
gallery of officers so people and newcomers can
recognize them at events (provided I have permission
to post their pictures), and would love to have
impromptu shots from events (again, provided I have
the necessary permissions).  Documentation and
information about projects, etc is a great idea as
well!

Something else to consider, the Barony is now paying a
nominal monthly fee for the space and upkeep of the
website on the Kingdom web server.  Let's beef up our
existing site rather than spreading such valuable
resources and energy in too many places!  Can I
interest you in a Deputy's post?   ;>

YiS,

Courtney de Hoghton
Ponte Alto Deputy Web Minister

--- ArtsofPalm at aol.com wrote:
> --
> I have some extra space on my web site.  I was going
> to offer to the Barony
> that, if they wanted to post  information, pictures
> or documentation about
> any SCA created art or equipment, I would be willing
> to put it up on my site.
>  Also, I have trouble finding people by email
> because I can't correlate their
> emails to their names.  So, I thought that might be
> useful as well.
>
> My question is, would I be out of line to offer to
> do something like this?  I
> do not wish to offend anyone who is already
> responsible for such a thing.
> It's just that I do not see anything like this on
> the Barony's web site.  But
> since I'm a newbie at this, it may be by design that
> we do not have it.  In
> any event, if it is something that the Barony thinks
> to be a good idea, I
> would be happy to help people get their information
> up and online, should
> they wish to do so.

=====
Courtney de Hoghton