[Ponte Alto] Combat Arrow Making Workshop at Ignacio's

DCADENISE at aol.com DCADENISE at aol.com
Mon Feb 10 19:09:19 PST 2003

Fellow Combat Archers -
I would like to announce that we will have a project day/workshop to put
together combat arrows/bolts. This will be next Sunday the 16th. We will be
working on them from 10ish until 6ish. Come on out and learn by doing.  Bring
your supplies and we will help you through the process.  We will be holding
it at the cave of Ignacio Erensaurlezelesa&^&#Q^$)^).....  Directions up the
mountain to his cave can be found under the Calligraphy/Illumination weekly
activity on the Barony of Stierbach's web site...
Things to bring:
- Arrow/bolt shafts
- Baldar Blunts
- APDs (The funnels or those black tube things if you bought them....)
- Vanes for your arrows (we will have a few fletching jigs)
- Nocks for your arrows
- Fiber strapping tape (to tape the shafts and the APDs)
- Quiktite liquid glue (can get at Walmart/Target/KMart..., you need the
liquid type, not the gel type)
- A glue gun and glue sticks if you have them (we will have at least 2 there
for use)
- Whatever color electrical tape you want to go over the blunt
Think about how you want to label your ammo. It is required that you have at
least your name and kingdom on the shaft.  You can put more information as
you deem fit. I put my barony name on as well. Labeling is important for two
reasons: first it is so it can be returned to you after a battle; and second
so that the marshals know to whom it belongs if there is a problem with it.
Several options include mailing labels under clear strapping tape or the
trusty old Sharpie permanent marker. If you have supplies bring them...Iggy
and I will have some for use.
We will order out for pizza or other food as desired by those in attendance.
Hope you can make it.  We can do this again in the future for those who are
not able to make it this time around.
k vasheem oosloogam,
Nikolai