[Ponte Alto] FW: [Branchseneschals] FWD: A little heads up

Miles de Locwode milesdelocwode at cox.net
Tue Dec 16 15:26:01 PST 2003

FYI.

-----Original Message-----
From: branchseneschals-bounces at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
[mailto:branchseneschals-bounces at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org]On Behalf Of
annshelton annshelton
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 4:57 PM
To: branchseneschals at atlantia.sca.org
Subject: [Branchseneschals] FWD: A little heads up

Just so you know why if any "interesting" emails pop up on our list.

Anne

From: Carl Harris <carl at gruffudd.com>
Date:  Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:22:18 -0500

First of all no it's not bad :)  I've been trying to track down a memory
leak on the kingdom server that has been causing it to lock up approx
every 2 weeks, thus causing a manual reboot.  The good news is that I
believe I have tracked down the offending program.  Now the bad news is
that it's the program that filters the incoming e-mail for spam.  In
order to check my theory I will need to disable this filter, and as a
result there may be an influx of spam to all aliased accounts.  I will
try and make this as quick and painless as possible, but please be aware
that you may be receiving a increased amount of unwanted e-mail for the
next day or so.   Please disiminate this messages to your deputies that
happen to have aliases on the kingdom server and/or your respective
lists.  I will be taking the offending program off-line at 10:00pm this
evening and it will be disabled for approximatly 24 hours.

Thanks!

Lord Gruffudd ap Cadfael (Carl Harris)
Webminister, Kingdom of Atlantia,
webminister at atlantia.sca.org