[MR] Luttrell Psalter Film

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 02:34:21 PDT 2024

Noble Friends,

Many years ago I stumbled across THE LUTTRELL PSALTER, a 20-minute film by
Crow's Eye Productions. It portrays life in an early 14th century English
village, and is based on scenes depicted in the euphonious
illuminated manuscript.

The film was available on DVD, which I snapped up, but it was also found
online for free. While recently updating my links to my sorrow, I
discovered the film and its equally interesting commentary had been taken
down from the web.

This morning on a whim I searched for the film on Youtube, and there it was
in its entirety at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myRNKk0-63A . I
recommend DuckDuckGo's player if you have it, which is smoother than using
Safari.

This film is absolutely delightful and is a must for every Scadian to view.

Crow's Eye has also done other short pieces on period costuming, and a few
of them are also on Youtube, though sometimes only as snippets.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆
Continuing a crusade to keep Merry Rose relevant and in business.