[MR] Tournaments Illuminated Post Correction

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 03:05:30 PDT 2023

Noble Friends,

I wish to apologize to you all for posting incorrect information about
Tournaments Illuminated on 16 May.

My comment "... that journal seems to be defunct at the moment." was based
on incomplete information. About two months ago I was trying to check on
TI's publication status, and could only locate back issues available on the
SCA Marketplace. These stopped with number 213 issued in 2020. I did not at
that time find any other references to TI.

In reality, while TI appears to have been suspended during 2021, it resumed
publication in 2022, and is now up to issue 219. I discovered this when I
did a general search for TI on the SCA's web site and found the pages I
should have located earlier.

A second cause of my mistake can be chalked up to human error by Corpra.
Last October I renewed our family membership for three years, and added a
subscription to TI. No issues have been received as of this writing. An
inquiry yesterday to Member Services revealed that for some reason our
subscription was never entered in the TI database. A representative from
Member Services has contacted the appropriate TI people, and hopefully this
will be fixed soon. In the meantime, Member Services is sending me two back
issues we were owed.

I am pleased to set the record straight, and hope that all of you who read
my post are now reassured that TI is back on track. My thanks to Member
Services for their prompt response.

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆
Keeping Merry Rose relevant and in business for 16 years.