[MR] Reminder about updates from BOD policy regarding CovidSafe

Atlantian Seneschal seneschal at atlantia.sca.org
Thu Feb 10 18:43:39 PST 2022

Good afternoon,

I'm getting a bunch of questions regarding the requirements for Covid
testing / Vaccinations. I haven't seen the update widely shared at the
local level, so I am concerned that y'all may not have understood what it
means. The change in BOD policy means that children over 5 must have a
negative covid test or Vax proof to attend official in-person activities
and events. The BOD changed this from age 12 now that vaccines are
available for younger age groups "Paragraph 5 now reads:*‘Proof of
vaccination or a negative COVID test shall not be required for children who
are ineligible by virtue of their age. In addition to the normal sanctions
process, anyone challenging event staff regarding the enforcement of this
COVID policy shall be denied entry to or be immediately removed from the
event."* I've updated the wording in our policy to be specific because of
this confusion. Please share this widely with your local groups.
https://atlantia.sca.org/reopening-atlantia/

*Proof of Fully Vaccinated Status or Negative COVID Test*

Effective October 18, 2021 the Kingdom of Atlantia implemented the SCA
COVIDSafe policy requiring proof of COVID vaccination or a negative COVID
test taken 72 hours or less before an event/activity start time for all
event and activity attendees. Proof of being fully vaccinated must be in
the form of a government issued card (original or photograph) or an
electronic record. *Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test shall not
be required for children under 5**.* *Proof of Vaccine or a Negative COVID
test is required for children 5-17. **Proof of vaccination or a negative
COVID test shall not be required for children who are ineligible by virtue
of their age.*

Proof of negative COVID test must be issued from a licensed medical
provider and presented in such paper form or electronic form that the event
staff can verify its authenticity. Letterhead from a medical provider or an
email address clearly identifying the medical provider as the sender of an
electronic record shall constitute authentic proof.

All persons over the age of 18 must present government issued photo
identification or *proof of current SCA membership* along with the proof of
being fully vaccinated or a negative COVID test. Parents and guardians of
minors must present their own identification along with proof of being
fully vaccinated or a negative COVID test for all minors attending an event
in their care.

seneschal at atlantia.sca.org
(443) 917-1729 NLT 10 pm