[MR] Vivat for Ealawynn Maru, the newest Poeta Atlantiae!

Cindy Watkins cindylou0527 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 09:03:09 PDT 2021

VIVAT for the newest Poeta Atlantiae, Ealawynn Maru, called Ela! If you had
the opportunity to watch the Coronation court announcement yesterday, you
would have been treated to a performance of her masterful Old English style
poem,  “On Returning Home <https://youtu.be/P2LSqSNzoZs?t=3108>”.  Text and
video can be found here on her website
<http://sca.unspunworld.com/2021/06/13/poeta-atlantiae-2021-on-returning-home/>,
as can the text and video for her other brilliant poem “Sestina on a
Journey”.
<http://sca.unspunworld.com/2021/06/13/poeta-atlantiae-2021-a-sestina-on-a-journey/>
Ela’s entry was a clear standout: moving, eloquent, apparently effortless,
and technically accomplished. I could not be more thrilled that her work
found favor in the eyes of their new Majesties. <3

And let me not be remiss in failing to give another hearty VIVAT for the
other entries in this year's competition. All sounded various chords in
reflection on the experiences of the past year, are wonderful, and I love
them.  It was such a pleasure to experience their varied and impressive
works and I would like to share that delight and honor with you all. In
alphabetical order, they are:

Dierdre O Bardon      "Atlantian Home" and "The Bard's Journey"

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DLXVDbmXid9BVwoeXhJOxQcKio08vrXP/edit>Mistress
Dierdre lyrically refuses to leave any heartstrings untugged with the
rarely seen form of a quintanilla and the beloved bardic standy, a ballad!

Ercole de Pavonis     The Lonely Hunter
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zXT_zhRH7G6H6P3fCnxetsmk1Oz8jB_X/edit>
vide <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I62hoZA5lw0>o    A Call to Home
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zUJTZphQJ4fBy2pWligX33V20HEALNzx/edit>
 video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDNs0iel9IA>

Please be sure to check out the compelling performance videos as well as
these carefully crafted texts of his ballade and sonnet. This gentle has a
voice made for recitation!

Harper An Cu "Rise to the Challenge" and "Reflecting on Change"
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/13Y4fXwiQfCH7NSI_9GCTn-OQdXFQOtrI/edit>
  video

<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1H_zrFR9Tv8_4LLxSYhmvSZD7yAVhHZhi>These
short form Irish syllabic and Old English style poems, are a call to arms
that pack a hefty poetic punch!

Paganus Akritas         "Of Bears and Spiders" and "Storms End"
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/159ietVEWgRITC3b2k6n71N_f7l4-XAqwfGdJ4jJ_bY0/edit>

Silly, serious, and with unexpected twists, these poems (in terza rima and
rhyme royal) are a wild ride  (literally)!

Ruadhri An Cu "Still Ahome" and "Welcome Stranger"
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/12vygydLX9Mw4S3kK272DpcDlW5dQLdeUalnzWfLU3zQ/edit>
   video
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O8sG6K-nAxuesW09Luv2UnqTm-027CpK/view>

Master Ruadhri graces us with his mastery of narrative and the ballad form!

One final VIVAT of grateful thanks to my accomplished fellow judges Ishmeal
Reed and Ceridwen for their knowledgeable eyes, helpful feedback, and
selfless gift of their time. :)

YIS, Lady Talia de Morales