[MR] BBC: Viking Re-enactor Finds Faith in Norse Gods

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford mallardlodge1000 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 01:52:46 PST 2020

Noble Friends,

While all of us in the SCA are supposed to be completely neutral about
religious belief vis-a-vis our re-enactment activities, I found this brief
BBC video of interest. This English fellow is part of a Viking/Saxon
re-enactment club, and you can see them in the video drilling, fighting and
burning ships (made of shipping pallets, from the looks of it, but they do
go up nicely). The chap's faith in the ancient Gods is interesting, and
that is the only comment I will make on that score.

The video is at
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-51580045/sheringham-viking-festival-warrior-finds-faith-in-norse-gods
.

Here is another brief video of his group in action:
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-43105351/sheringham-scira-viking-festival

Yours Aye,

Mungo Napier, Laird of Mallard Lodge  🦆